£500 for 10,000ft or £750 for 15,000ft
About Gloucester City Mission
Who We Are:
GCM was established in 2003 to support people on the streets by sitting with them, praying with them and offering them basic necessities to survive. Since those days we have grown significantly and currently have a staff team of 10 people offering love, care, support, hope and transformation to clients on the streets, those in temporary accommodation or people who are in any way vulnerable.
What We Do:
Gloucester City Mission was set up in 2003 to help those who are homeless or marginalised. We focus on supporting people in three ways; through Aid, Transformation and Growth
- Street teams in the city centre 5 days week;
- Retreat – a day provision for people who are street homeless with food, showers, laundry, beds, clothes and support
- Refresh – a weekly hot sit down lunch and time of fellowship;
- Restore – a clothes bank for clients to come to get fresh clothes, toiletries and emergency provisions;
- Mobile outreach teams supporting rough sleepers away from the city centre;
- Replenish – a warehouse storage space.
- Renew – our main office and our Education and Training Centre with courses offered 5 days a week including basic skills, art and music therapy, counselling, mindfulness, Alpha, woodwork and a wellbeing garden;
- Refuel – our monthly prayer and praise session for clients, volunteers, staff and visitors
- Weekly NA group;
- Embrace- a weekly meeting for people in recovery.
- Revive Coffee House where we offer employment opportunities to people who have experienced homelessness and/or addictions;
- Offering employment to people with lived experience;
- Offering volunteering opportunities to clients.
Why We Need You:
On average it costs over £18k per month to operate GCM and we still rely purely on donations, fundraising and grants so if you are able to help us financially that would be very welcome. On top of that it costs us £34,000 to run the winter shelter each year.
Choose a pre-booked jump date:
Gloucester City Mission has no pre-booked jump days. You can still jump on a date of your choosing.Choose your own jump date
Raising money for your tandem skydive via an online fundraising page makes it quick and simple for your friends and family to support you. You can share the link to your fundraising page via your social media pages and through texts and emails. If you haven’t done so already click through now and set-up your page or check out our Fundraising Ideas page to help you get the most out of your Charity Skydive.
How it works
Booking a charity jump
If you need help putting together your jump package, our Sales Team is more than happy to assist you. We’ll ensure you get a charity discount of £25 off our 10,000ft or 15,000ft skydives when your charity is selected. Determine if your charity expects you to meet a fundraising target or if you will be self-funding the skydive.
You’re all set to start fundraising once you’ve booked your skydive! Your charity can help you with fundraising, and we’ll be available to answer any questions you have about the skydive!
Build your team
Skydiving is even more exhilarating when shared with friends, why not invite your friends and family and create a shared experience with memories that will last a lifetime.
Select Your charity
Choose one of our 300 registered charities or jump in support of your own charity. Each registered charity will state if they will contribute to some of your jump cost or if you need to self-fund your own place.
Book your Skydive
Book individually or as a group with just a £50 deposit per person. Some of the charities we work with have reserved spaces on pre-booked days that you are more than welcome to join. See our date picker tool below.
OK you're all set - We recommend you set up an online fundraising page as all funds you raise will automatically go to the charity of your choice.
Don't see your charity listed?
You can still jump for them!
Non-partnered charities at GoSkydive offer a unique opportunity to make a positive impact while experiencing the exhilaration of skydiving. These charities, though not officially affiliated with GoSkydive, collaborate to raise funds and awareness for various causes. Participants can choose a cause close to their hearts and raise money individually or as part of a team, diving headfirst into an adrenaline-fuelled adventure that also helps those in need.
Our non-partnered charities still receive the same great discount of £25 off a 10,000ft or 15,000ft skydive that our partnered charities do. All you need to do is pay the balance of your skydive yourself and fundraise as much as you can for your chosen charity on the side!